Watch out, here we come! Nuremberg loves children and children love the many places where they can play and gather new experiences. Museums dull? City tours boring? Nuremberg and its offers for children are just the opposite!
In Nuremberg, little ones find big surprises!
It’s nicest outdoors: In one of the most beautiful zoos in Germany, at the Field of Experiences for the Senses, at a high ropes course or at the Playmobil FunPark. But in Nuremberg, even culture is packaged right for kids. Whether in the Children’s Museum, Toy Museum, School Museum or the Germanisches Nationalmuseum, there are a lot of places where hands-on participation is the rule and not the exception.
For young and teenaged visitors who want to know more about Nuremberg history, there are peppy and funny city tours.
Special conditions for tour operators!
- Perfect escort for 2 days
- Free admission to all museums and sights including the zoo
- Free pass for the public transportation system
- Special: for children 5 years and under: free; for children 11 years and under: 5 €
- For adults: 25 €
Phone: +49 (0)911 2336-118
- Theater Pfütze: This theater company, which has won many awards for its work, stages ambitious productions of well-known children’s books and its own programs, which appeal to audiences of all ages. More information
- Theater Salz + Pfeffer: Puppeteers Wally and Paul Schmidt play pieces appropriate for children aged 3 to 5 and plays in English. More information
- Theater Rootslöffel: Popular for its imagination-inspiring atmosphere, direct communication between the players and the public and its unusual choice of plays. More information
- Theater Mummpitz: An award-winning theater which is recognized as one of the best children’s theaters in Germany. In the Children’s Museum Nuremberg. More information
Whether it’s fashion, sports, lifestyle or health products, leisure activities or technology – the thematic areas at JOSEPHS® are more than just diverse.
In four areas – Service Workshop, Think Tank, Gadget Shop and Coffee Shop – there are many things for visitors to discover, discuss, design and enjoy:
- Test prototypes and new products
- Experience innovation close-up and become a co-developer
- Get to know new technologies and developments
- Relax and enjoy in the Caffè CORRETTO
Admission is free.
Many hotels in Nuremberg offer comfortable family-sized rooms or rooms which have connecting doors and offer free overnight stays to young guests or generous children's discounts. Outside of the Old Town, there are many hotels in parks or with large grounds, featuring sun terraces and swimming pools.
We would be happy to assist you!
Phone: +49 (0)911 2336-136
Our Packages for Families include admission to the Nuremberg Zoo, the Playmobil FunPark, a tour through the Rock-Cut Beer Cellars or the Imperial Castle.
Combinations are possible. A bratwurst or family-friendly meal in a restaurant in Nuremberg’s Old Town can also be booked.
Phone: +49 (0)911 2336-136
Exciting and interactive city tours give children and teens a glimpse of Nuremberg's history from the Middle Ages until today. And there's a lot of thrilling things to discover!
Phone: +49 (0) 911 2336-123,
The Nuremberg Children’s City Map is the perfect friend for little visitors who want to explore the city.
We’re happy that you have chosen to visit our beautiful city and have put together this colorful and nicely illustrated brochure especially for children!
Whether it’s the Imperial Castle Museum, an exciting tour or an amusement park – Nuremberg has something for large and small!