Shopping in Nuremberg
Shop till you drop for the hottest label designs, take a casual stroll through the weekly market, enjoy a classy cappuccino - Nuremberg lets you live life at your own pace.
The oldest and largest pedestrian zone in Europe stretches through Nuremberg's historical Old Town in a golden triangle of fashion, lifestyle and luxury. Yet even in the narrow streets below the castle or in the hip district Gostenhof (GoHo) exceptional and trendy finds can be made.
In the Kaiserstraße, Nuremberg's elegant shopping promenade, you can drool over the luxury of illustrious fashion labels, expensive jewelry and exclusive interior designs.
Great stores with great brands as well as trendy label designs have settled in Nuremberg's best known shopping street, the Karolinenstraße.
The Breite Gasse attracts shoppers with young brands from trendy to outlandish and anyone who just wants to drift through will also discover new and eccentric items in the many small side streets.
Tax free shopping for Non-EU-travellers
As a non-EU resident visiting Germany you are exempted from sales tax when shopping in this country. Under certain conditions the purchase of goods from retailers is free of sales tax:
- residency in a non-EU country & no residence permit entitling you to stay in Germany for more than 3 months
- valid documents (passport, identity card or other valid document entitling to cross the border) proving residence to the seller
- the goods are exported independently, in your personal luggage (not by mail or through a third person) within 3 months
- the total value of the delivery including VAT must exceed 50 euros.
Exceptions to tax-free shopping for travellers are:
- services that have been rendered in Germany (it means that the price you pay for bus or train tickets, and restaurant or hotel bills)
- goods for equipping private vehicles of any kind, such as bumpers, exterior mirrors, tow ropes, or first aid kits, and
- goods for the supply or maintenance of a vehicle, such as fuel, oil, or care products.
This is how tax free shopping works
Tax refund point at the airport:
Reisebank offers this service at its branch at Nuremberg Airport in cooperation with its partners Planet Payment, Global Blue, Innova Tax Free and Tax Free Germany.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday: 9 am – 1 pm and 1:30 pm – 5 pm; Sundays closed
Location: Airport Nuernberg - Check-in 2, Flughafenstraße 100, 90411 Nuremberg
Contact: email@example.com | Phone: +49 911 9378474 | Website