Meistersingerhalle NurembergMünchener Straße 21, 90478 Nürnberg
The Luitpoldhalle, built in 1906, was so badly damaged during World War II that it could not be rebuilt. After the war, there was no presentable building for concerts and events in Nuremberg. After an architectural competition in 1958, the Meistersingerhalle was completed in 1963, based on a design by the Nuremberg architect Harald Loebermann. Wunibald Puchner, long-standing Professor for Interior Design at the Nuremberg Academy of Fine Arts, was commissioned for the interior design. The concert hall was built on the edge of the idyllic Luitpoldhain Park. Two concert chambers and six conference rooms offer space for events, conventions, fairs or balls.