The company history of BMF is presented on over 250 m². Product designs, company catalogs and numerous historical products remind visitors of the significance of BMF.
On April 2, 1902 the two friends Hans Wagner and Willy Gundel founded the Bavarian Hardware Factory in Nuremberg, BMF for short. The firm produced "luxury and utility articles" and was one of the leading firms in the metal working sector for decades. The family firm was sold in 1991 and in 1998 the new owners also had to file for bankruptcy. To commemorate the work of the owners and managers of the company - Hans Wagner, Willy Gundel, Max Wagner und Dr. Norbert Streng -the BMF Museum was set up in three rooms of the former factory premises of the firm on the occasion of its 101 anniversary. The history of the BMF firm is documented on more than 250 m2 of exhibition space. Product designs, company catalogs and numerous historical products illustrate the importance of the Bavarian Hardware Factory.