Building begun about 1250. Originally built as a three-aisled basilica in the high Gothic style; later extended with an imposing late Gothic hall choir (1439-1477).
Magnificent west facade with splendid portal richly decorated with statuary and rose window (mid-14th c.). Two towers 80 and 81 meters high. Important works of art: the Annunciation by Veit Stoß (1518), tabernacle by Adam Kraft (1496), medieval altars, memorial plaques, stained glass.