Nicht nur Lorenz-, Frauen- und Sebalduskirche prägen das Kirchenbild Nürnbergs. Auch die vielen kleineren Kirchen lohnen einen Besuch.
1355/58 Emperor Charles IV had the synagogue razed (pogrom 1349) and replaced by the first Gothic three-aisled hall church in Franconia,...read more
Erected in 1270, the former Church of the Poor Clares is the site of the Catholic Counseling Services. In accordance with the official...read more
The St. Giles’ Church, Nuremberg’s only remaining Baroque religious building, dates back to the former Schottenkloster (Irish Benedictine...read more
Originally, the St. Elizabeth Church was part of a former secondary house of the Teutonic Order of the Knights.read more
Originally an early Franconian King's church, then given to the Knights of the Teutonic Order, continuous use by pilgrams traveling on the...read more
Building begun about 1250. Originally built as a three-aisled basilica in the high Gothic style; later extended with an imposing late...read more
After a fire in rebuilding process!
St. Martha’s Church, built in the second half of the 14th c. and today a Reformed Protestant parish...read more
Nuremberg's oldest city parish church was built around 1215 as a three-aisled Late Romanesque pillared basilica with two choirs. As early...read more