The Fire Brigade Museum in the attic of Fire Station #3 on Jakobsplatz is small but special. To be seen on ca. 250 m2 of exhibition space are an originally preserved 15th c. wooden pump, fire extinguishers, manual fire pumps, nozzles as well as on-duty uniforms worn since 1875, and much more.
The history of organized fire fighting in Nuremberg can be traced way back to the Middle Ages. Even at this early date the Nuremberg fire fighters were the leading organization in Germany in terms of administration and equipment. The Nuremberg Fire Brigade has built up a significant collection related to the history of the organization, illustrated by objects from all epochs of its development. The collection ranges from the signal horn of the tower watchman, to the large tubs of water on runners and the first fire engines at the beginning of the 19th century to modern fire fighting devices.