Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 Argentinian Roast Beef (180-200 g each)
- Malt Crust:
- 50 g red or dark malt, milled to grist
- 70 g butter
- 50 g grated Emmentaler cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- side dishes: buttered boiled potatoes and green beans with bacon
For the malt crust, first beat the butter until it is fluffy. Add the malt, bread crumbs, grated cheese and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Knead the ingredients into a mass, form into a roll and chill in the refrigerator.
Season the roast beef (cut into steaks of 180-200 g each) with a little salt and pepper. Brown the steaks on both sides in a pan or on a grill.
Place 2 or 3 slices of the malt crust mass on each steak. Roast in a pre-heated (200 °C top heat/grill setting) oven for 5 to 6 minutes until the crust is light brown.
Serve on a nest of green beans with bacon. As a side dish we recommend buttered boiled potatoes. And naturally a delicious rot beer, perhaps a red bock.