The Hospital Museum is located in the completely preserved rooms of the hospital’s pharmacy with oak furnishings dating to 1897. It shows the change in the Nuremberg health system from the Middle Ages to the present as well as the developments in the production of pharmaceuticals over the last 100 years.
The museum documents the history both of the municipal hospital and of medical and health services in Nuremberg. The historic facility, a collection of medical instruments and a distillation plant of ca 1870 provide the framework. The heart of the museum, however, is the fully-preserved hospital pharmacy, complete with oak furnishings and countless jars and containers filled with every variety of powders and herbs.