Ingredients (serves 4):
For the dumplings:
- 150 q walnuts, coarsely grated
- 150 g bread crumbs (or grated white bread)
- 150 ml milk
- 100 g flour
- 50 g potato starch
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Parmesan, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to season
For the beets as vegetables:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 beets, raw ir pre-cooked, quartered and cut in 0.5 cm-large cubes
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- Currant juice (if required)
- potato starch as thickener
- Salt to season
For the beet salad:
- 1 beet, cut in fine strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill leaves (hard stem removed)
- Balsamic vinegar, walnut oil, salt, pepper, sugar to season
- 100 g blue cheese
Work all the ingredience for the dumplings into a dough; season with salt and pepper and let rest for 30 minutes. Roll out the dough into long rounded strips and cut these on the diagonal to create small dumplings. Drop the dumplings into boiling salt water; bring to boil and then remove and drain.
To create the beet as vegetables, caramelize the sugar in a pan. Add the balsamic vinegar. Add the beet cubes and season with salt. Cover the pan with a lid and let the beets simmer briefly; then add the dill seed. Thicken the liquid with potato starch or, if necessary, add a little currant juice to thin.
For the beet salad, mix the beet strips together with a little balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, walnut oil and fresh dill leaf.
Either freeze and grate the blue cheese or crumble it over the finished dish.
Tip: If you'd like, you can brown the dumplings lightly after they have been cooked in the salt water. To serve place the walnut dumplings on a plate with the beets and beet salad and garnish with blue cheese.