Built ca. 1385-1396 by construction supervisor and stonemason Heinrich Beheim. The 19 m tall stone pyramid rises from the octagonal basin like a Gothic church spire, narrowing in three stages to the finial.
Four rows of 40 stone figures represent the world-view of the Holy Roman Empire.
The railing with the famous brass ring that can be turned, and has been replaced several times, was made in 1587.
At a glance