The Kunsthalle Nuremberg shows temporary exhibits of contemporary art (from 1960 and later). The museum opened in 1913 in the Lorenzer Straße and was designated for Nuremberg and Franconian artists. In 1967, the museum was renamed the Kunsthalle Nuremberg and began to acquire a collection of German and international contemporary art. In 1997, this collection was given to the Neues Museum Nuremberg on permanent loan. The team of the Kunsthalle Nuremberg is well networked with many partners both within Germany and around the world. The gallery focuses today on retrospective shows of interesting young artists, exhibits about topics of current interest and influential artistic approaches from the 1960s until today.
At a glance
InformationGallery of Contemporary Art
Lorenzer Straße 32
+49 (0)911 2312853
+49 (0)911 231 3721
Tue, Thur - Sun: 10 am - 6 pm
Wed: 10 am - 8 pm
5,- € / red. 2,50 € / children under 18 years are free / school classes free /
groups from 15 persons 3,- € p. P., on Wednesdays 6 pm - 8 pm free entrance
Special regulations may apply for specific exhibitions.
Free admission with your NÜRNBERG CARD!
information for handicapped people
Full wheelchair accessibility