1355/58 Emperor Charles IV had the synagogue razed (pogrom 1349) and replaced by the first Gothic three-aisled hall church in Franconia, constructed as an imperial royal chapel.
Building begun about 1250. Originally built as a three-aisled basilica in the high Gothic style; later extended with an imposing late Gothic hall choir (1439-1477).
Nuremberg's oldest city parish church was built around 1215 as a three-aisled Late Romanesque pillared basilica with two choirs. As early as 1309 the original side aisles were widened and altered in the Gothic style.
The St. Giles’ Church, Nuremberg’s only remaining Baroque religious building, dates back to the former Schottenkloster (Irish Benedictine monastery) which was erected here around 1140 on the site of a royal estate from the earliest period of settlement in Nuremberg.
Originally, the St. Elizabeth Church was part of a former secondary house of the Teutonic Order of the Knights.
The Gothic old-Franconian Church of St. James in the southwest part of the Old Town, in the so-called “St. James’ Quarter”, was originally the hospice church for the Teutonic Order.
The convent building was demolished in 1899, the church partially destroyed during a bomb attack on March 16, 1945.
Due to construction works closed until January 2016!
St. Martha’s Church, built in the second half of the 14th c. and today a Reformed Protestant parish church, is known for its notable original stained glass windows.
no news in this list.