Frauenkirche

© Steffen Oliver Riese

Key facts:

  • together with St. Sebald and St. Lorenz one of the three most important churches in Nuremberg
  • first gothic hall church in Franconia
  • Nuremberg's three oldest stained glass window can be found here
  • the "Männleinlaufen" glockenspiel was created in 1509 and stored in the art bunker during World War II

1361 the imperial regalia were displayed to the public for the first time for the christening of his son Wenzel, heir to the throne. The “Männleinlaufen” (mechanical clock and glockenspiel, every day at noon) recalls the proclamation of the Golden Bull of 1356: seven Electors pay homage to Emperor Karl IV sitting on his throne. Richly decorated interior. The Tucher altar (ca. 1445) is considered the most important work of panel painting in the pre-Dürer period. 

At a glance

Information

Frauenkirche
Hauptmarkt 14
90403 Nürnberg
+49 (0)911 206560
pfarrbuero@frauenkirche-nuernberg.de
Webseite

Audio files


Opening hours

Mon + Thurs: 8 am - 6 pm
Tues + Fri 9: am - 6 pm
Wed: 8 am - 7 pm
Sat: 9.30 am - 6.30 pm
Sun: 12.30 pm - 7 pm

Special opening hours

Prices

Donations appreciated


Guided Tours

Regular guided tours:
Mon - Sat: 12.10 pm
Sun: 3 pm

every Friday 8 pm: summerevening guided tours with music

June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
August 4, 11, 18

Group tours on demand!

 

 

information for handicapped people

The church is well accessible, except for the choir.
AFILs available.
Special tours for blind and visually impaired people available.